Credit: Harris County Facebook Page
Warning: Video is unedited.
Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy Roberto Martinez arrived less than five minutes after being dispatched to a trailer home fire in the 6500 block of Zaragosa at 3:25 a.m. on Tuesday.
He found the home engulfed in flames, and residents told him a woman was trapped inside. Deputy Martinez busted a window with his flashlight and called to the 63-year-old woman inside as smoke poured through the opening. He then reached inside, lifted the woman through the window and carried her to safety before collapsing from exhaustion and choking on smoke.
The woman and Deputy Martinez were treated at the hospital for smoke inhalation. The Baytown Fire Department responded to the fire, and they tell us the blaze is believed to have been accidental. We’re proud to serve with Deputy Martinez.
Follow us on Twitter https://bit.ly/29LDIzc at 2 p.m. to hear from Deputy Martinez and Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.